* Transfer Bridge will not be offered this summer 2015 - Please check back periodically for summer 2016 updates.
* Information & dates listed below were for 2014 Transfer Bridge Program.
The Native Hawaiian Science & Engineering Mentorship Program (NHSEMP) is hosting a summer experience for students transferring to the University of Hawaii at Manoa. The NHSEMP Transfer Bridge is a 10-week program.
The Transfer Bridge Program's main objectives for the students are to:
• Earn 3 upper-division, required STEM credits
• Gain research experience with a university lab
• Meet professors and students in the STEM fields
• Program: June 9 - August 14, 2014
• Orientation: TBA
The program consists of: • 10 weeks of University research and formal presentation
• 6 weeks of a 3-credit, upper-division STEM course
• A weekly seminar program, special workshops on career choices in the science field, and engagement with the Hawaiian community
• A Huaka'i centered on the Hawaiian culture
Participating students receive:
• A $2000 stipend
• Lab supplies
• A summer parking pass
• Summer meals and tuition (3 credits of upper-division STEM coursework)
Preference will be given to the following applicants:
• Students majoring in the natural sciences and who are transferring to the University of Hawaii at Manoa within the next academic year (2014-2015)
• Underrepresented minority students as described by the US Department of Education
• Students who have completed Pre-Calculus, 1 year of Introductory Biology, and 1 year of Introductory Chemistry
Program Application - 2015 Transfer Bridge will not be offered this summer.
STEM Scholars Summer Transfer Bridge Program
Electronic Application not available for 2015